In lieu of an actually thoughtful post on any of these subjects, here is a list of discoveries I have recently made:
- Everything tastes better with spinach (not, in fact, bacon, as others have argued).
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep and exercising regularly makes me into a much, much happier person and makes the world into a much, much more reasonable place to live.
- I am not compatible with the weather in my part of the country at all, and should devote as much energy as possible to finding a job somewhere that is else.
- My students can inspire me in completely unexpected ways, just when I really need them to.
- Finally, on a more pedestrian level, there is a paper towel roll holder in my kitchen — the kitchen in the apartment where I have been living for two years! — that I only last week discovered.
Tell me, have you learned anything new lately?