As of the end of classes today, I am officially on Thanksgiving break for the next week. Hooray!
I am looking forward to the following things:
- Making pies
- Drinking wine
- Two days of daycare when I don’t have to work
- Seeing the kids enjoy all the holiday food, pumpkin pie and whipped cream especially
- Switching over to full-on Christmas decor, including the tree
- Cold weather — it’s going to get down to lows in the 30s, maybe?
- Holiday movie season (Love Actually, The Holiday, Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, and for some reason we also like to watch the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies this time of year)
When we go back to school after the break, we usually have a week of classes and a week of finals, but this year we have two weeks of classes and then finals. Not looking forward to that bit, but otherwise, things are looking up.